Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Senses.



Have you ever just put all things from your mind and focused on using your senses?  Using your senses to notice the things around you? 

Hearing.
Put all other noises out and hear what nature gives to you.  


Sight.
Sometimes it is not the scenery that you take in, but the moments that are right in front of you that you take notice of.


Touch.
It wasn't the warmth of my bed that I felt here.


Smell.
Something that can be a little more controlled, but appreciated each time you take notice.

Taste.
REALLY taste the sweet things in life.  Don't take for granted ONE bite!



Take a minute when you're feeling frustrated or tired, and use your senses.  It helps relax you and helps you forget what stress automatically makes your body do.  Take control of the senses you have.  There is peace in using your senses!

Inspiration behind this post?

We live in Hawaii, and everyday I drive off Ford Island and dont take in what I see, feel and smell on my way out.  Yesterday, I stopped my mind for a minute and realized what is right in front of me every single day, going unnoticed due to everyday mental stresses that keep me from using my senses.  There are mountains surrounding us on all sides.  The sun is always shining.  The air is cool.  The water around Ford Island is all shades of blue with crisp white waves breaking all over.  I DRIVE next to the Arizona memorial every single day.  A place that I used to only thought existed in history books.  I rolled down my window, stuck my arm out and felt the warmth of the sun, the air of the wind, the smell of fresh cut grass and I took in the sight of palm trees lined up in front of a background of blue waters and mountains in the distance.  

No, not every place is like this.  But have you overlooked the beauty that is around you?  There is beauty in everything.  You just have to take notice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment