Wednesday, April 18, 2012

You Are What You Eat.

My mom always told me, "You are what you eat."  I have learned more and more what she was talking about as I have matured over the years.  I feel like I have fully grasped that concept.  (Thank you Mom for always planting those seeds.)

Just for you who love to make, and eat, Paula Deen's recipes (yes, my cookies originated from a Paula Deen recipe)... well she has type 2 diabetes. Now I am not trying to hate on Paula, she is lovely, and her food is good, but does this not say anything about the food she is representing?  Just think about this as you sink your teeth into that fatty, high calorie bite that probably contains more calories in it than what you are supposed to have in a day.

If you are complaining of feeling sluggish, go over what you have had to eat today.  Was it fresh fruit, granola or yogurt? (I recommend organic yogurt if you are eating yogurt.  Doesnt have that artificial stuff in it!) Or was it mcdonalds' dollar menu?  I have met only a select few people who can eat McDonalds and feel "normal" and look like they are healthy.  But if you pay attention to how you feel afterwards, you will see how differently you feel.  Fill yourself with fresh foods, whole foods and vitamins.  Stay away from those comfort foods!  If you want to find comfort, get some sleep and rest!  Hey, now, I am not saying I am not going to enjoy me some Fro Yo next week on my week off from boot camp, but I am only going to have a scoop with some granola in it.  Oh, and I am going to still fit in some cardio.  ONE HOUR OUT OF MY WHOLE DAY! 

Don't wait until you have something wrong with you to change your eating habits or your lifestyle.  Start NOW and enjoy your life!  Don't think that you can't enjoy your life if you cut out McDonalds.  Just treat yourself to some substitute goody and get over it.  Youll feel like a winner.  You'll never regret a good workout, or a good food choice.  You'll only regret what you don't do.  And remember, YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!!

As David would say, "GET SOME!!"

1 comment: